Right now I have no idea what to do. My mind is racing and my left leg is tense. A month or two ago I w,as at a friend’s house. It was a rainy night like it is tonight and I got a bad leg cramp. I have no idea why but this set me off. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. It is happening again right now. I’m with my dad downstairs trying to relax but I’m scared, because I feel like my leg will cramp. I’ll just get those racing thoughts and be scared. I felt like I was going to die the first time and I don’t want to feel that again. I just don’t know what to do anymore.
- A tense leg can signify a distressed muscle. Recognizing the pain is not normal is good because now you have the ability to do something about it.
- Stretching is a great way to begin at home therapy on your legs. Perhaps look up “At home leg stretching workouts” on YouTube and practice those stretches on yourself.
- Don’t be hard on yourself or overwork your body. Always respond to strange pain that gets you scared and affects your breathing.
- Consider making a doctor’s appointment and see if the professional can suggest ways to reduce pain.
- It could be something as simple as the drop in barometric pressure (rainy weather) that causes your leg issue. Or, it could be something more involved. It’s always best to let the medical professionals deal with those types of problems.
- How often do you get leg cramps? Have you noticed a pattern in their frequency?
- How active are you daily? How might your diet be affecting your leg cramps?
- What thoughts do you have when you get the leg cramps?
- How do your parents feel about this problem of yours?