Hello! What do I do? So basically I’m a pk and ppl push me around bc of this. I have to be somebody different around everybody. I don’t even know who the real me is anymore! Also, I have a friend who is bullying a person who is bullying him. I’ve tried to help and stop it but I’m caught in the middle! I just don’t know what to do anymore. How do I find out who the real me is (and be that person around others)? How do I stop this situation with my friend? Another thing is that I have major trust issues, and there are a lot of factors that got me there. So how do I get help for that and tell my friends that I don’t trust them? Finally, I’m having really negative thoughts about myself bc my friends treat me weird, I have trust issues, and I don’t know who I am. I don’t feel like a normal teen. How do I get better? This is my cry for help!
- It must be very difficult to have so many confusing situations going on in your life. Thank you for trusting us here at Teen Central to hear your story and help support you.
- We have several resources on Teen Central that may help you with some of these situations. In out TOOLS section you may want to visit the topic on BULLYING to help your friend. Our LEARN tab has a couple of sections on SOCIAL SKILLS and POSITIVE SELF TALK. Another thing that may help, if you haven’t done it already, is going back into the STORIES section and looking for responses to other stories with similar topics to yours. Try typing in bullying, self-image, identity, or even trust as some of your keywords. It may help to realize that you aren’t alone in what you’re going through.
- Do you have a parent or another trusted adult that you feel comfortable sharing your feelings with? It helps to have a support system that you can go to when you’re feeling confused, frustrated or just sad. Have you thought about talking to a professional? This trusted adult may be able to help you with that process.
- If at any point you feel overwhelmed and you have nowhere to go, please consider using the Crisis Hotline below where they are available 24/7 to assist you if needed.
Text “HELLO” to 741741
Support to all individuals in crisis
- Have you thought about writing in a journal? It’s a great outlet for your thoughts and it’s a place where you never have to feel judged or insecure. Your entries are your own and you can be free to be yourself.
- During stressful times we often encourage people to stay active. Do you have any activities that you like to do that get you outdoors where you can get physical activity and lots of sunshine? This is a great natural way to bring your mood up when you need it.