Hello, I am 13 years old and I have been in a relationship with this guy for 6 months. He is my everything. We fight a lot and it wasn’t a healthy relationship. We always got mad at each other. He always broke up with me. One day he was at my house and he was mad because I wanted to look through his phone. I thought his best friend was trying to take him away from me. He let me have his phone then he grabbed it as soon as I read a certain message. It was my best friend’s brother calling me ugly. I then got frustrated because I wanted to look through the rest. He was upset at himself for letting me see that. I have severe depression and anxiety. So, that didn’t help me feel good about myself and he knew it hurt me. I pulled out this jar that had little notes in it. One of them was about my ex. He freaked out. I didn’t know it was in there. All those notes were about big tragic events in my life. Those things are all that make me as a person. They built me. So then we worked it out and we were going to eat food. I’m self conscious and don’t like eating. Anyway, he wanted me to eat and I was going to but he got all mad and we always fight over food. He told me he was going to walk out. He did. He wanted to kill himself. He’s doing better now and he is staying at a mental hospital. I have no idea if my parents will ever let me see him again but I’m going to see him. He’s all I have.
- The first step to solving a problem is reaching out for help. You are very brave for doing this.
- It is wonderful that you want to help him and be there for him, but understand that you both need time to heal in your own time. Healing won’t happen overnight, so take as much time as you need. Trust the process. It will be frustrating at times, but do not give up.
- Although you want to spend time together, consider that spending some time apart may be for the best. He needs to take time to understand his journey and his role in life apart from his surroundings. You will need this time as well. As mentioned above, it will take some time, so just trust the process.
- When taking part in the healing process, your main priority should be happiness. You have to know why you end up feeling this the opposite way. Write down everything that makes you happy, and keep going until you can think of nothing else.
- What makes you happy?
- What are some things you enjoy doing that can take your mind off of things when you are feeling upset?
- What are some ways that you and your boyfriend can be there for each other?