Being stressed about homework
My mother hassles me about my homework and it really annoys me. Every time she brings it up (which is everyday) it makes me frustrated and results in me freaking out and therefore not doing my homework. This will make her get even more involved in my work. I have asked her to back off before but it is a recurring cycle where she just says otherwise I won’t get my work done. I lie to her about getting my work done in order to get her off my back, I just say I’ve done it all. Which can sometimes result in me being grounded. I get so stressed from all of this and just don’t know what to do. This is has been happening for years and nothing has changed. I can’t seem to stay motivated when school work gets hard. I can’t talk about my mother or my home situation without crying. I’ll tear up even if I’m just thinking about it. I’m not sure how to fix this. We have worked with many outside people but we always end up back stuck in the same loop.
- Homework can be very stressful, especially if you feel like you do not have a place to get your work done in peace. You are not alone!
- Perhaps you could try studying with a friend from school with the same homework at their house, where you could get your work done.
- Maybe you could set up a system with your mom where she just looks over your work at a certain time (like before you go to bed) and as long as it is finished by that time, you can complete it in your own time.
- Maybe you could talk to your teacher about times that you can complete your work during the day so you don’t have to worry as much at home.
- Would you be less stressed if you got some work done at school?
- How do you think your situation would change if you set up a time for your mom to check your homework?
- Do you think you would get more work done if you paired up with a friend from school and did work with them?