Bullied at school
I like to draw, whistle, dance on my own time, play games, and I like to run track and field including cross country. Here’s my problem, Ive told my mom that people at my school are annoying and they tell me me to shut up even when I’m not talking to them but not others who are near by. While others will say don’t talk to me I don’t know you and that makes me feel like I’m not needed or appreciated but the staff at my school say the opposite and also say we should all be respectful but the students here do the complete opposite. It’s getting to the point to where I feel like I should kill myself and I feel pretty hopeless and a little depressed. Can you help me please?
- Getting bullied at school is tough and can be very hurtful experience especially when you should be able to enjoy going to school and feel safe at the sometime. You are strong for ignoring other kids at your school and continuing to do you.
- Speak to your teachers or school counselor about who exactly is making those comments about you. The teachers or counselor should be aware of your current situation and will address the problem in a proper manor.
- Never stop doing the things you love most like drawing, running track and everything else you enjoy just because someone tells you to. You do them to keep you happy and they are completely harmless activities that should not bother them.
- If you are in need of immediate help do not hesitate to contact the sources listed below. Don’t stop being you, you deserve to live happy and safe!
National Suicide Hotline
Available 24/7 Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support 1-800-273-8255 https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Child Help USA National Hotline
Available 24/7, over 170 languages. Helps youth who are suffering child abuse 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) http://www.childhelpusa.org/
Available 24/7. Support to all individuals in crisis. Text “HELLO” to 741741 www.crisistextline.org
- What does your family think about what’s going on at school?
- How have you tried to make things better for you at school without lashing out at anyone?
- How long has your current situation been going on for?