So I’m getting tired of being locked up. I really miss one of close guy friends and I want to talk to him but I have no way to contact him. I need some help. I just want him to hold me and tell me it’s ok, but since we are separated he cant. Plz help!!!
• Feeling isolated and stuck at home can make us all go a little stir crazy. This is a common feeling during these uncertain times. We are all trying to find our “new normal”. Thanks for reaching out to Teen Central for support, you’re not alone.
• You can always check out the “What’s New” tab on the Teen Central website. There are some really good resources there that may help you find your way through COVID-19.
• If you don’t already write in a journal, this could be a great time to start. Writing down your thoughts or keeping a “Corona Virus Time Capsule” can help you get your emotions out and ease some of your anxiety. The “Whats New” tab has some suggestions on how to get started.
• Is there anyone in your life that you can vent to about how you are feeling? Try reaching out to a supportive adult or peer. Social distancing does not have to make us distant from those that make us smile. Talking to someone about how you are feeling helps ease the mind and stay connected.
• Don’t forget to check in with your loved ones as often as you can. Virtual communication can help you feel less lonely and isolated. You can connect with them in different ways; text, facetime, email, zoom, or good old fashion handwritten letters. Although it isn’t the personal connection you may want, it will instantly help you feel comforted and that much closer to your loved ones.
• A busy mind can help distract you from some of the things that have changed since the outbreak of COVID-19. Here are some ideas to keep your mind and body busy. Take up baking, film some TikTok videos, listen to some podcasts while doing household chores, try yoga or meditation, get outside for a walk or bike ride, etc. These are all things that can help you pass the time all while effectively social distancing.
• If you miss that special friend in your life, tell them. We all need reminders that people care, especially now. What’s the worst that can happen?