So like last night I was crying and crying. [I] was going through a lot and I didn’t know what to do and like, my parents are really strict. i need new parents.
- It sounds like you have been having a really rough time. Thanks so much for trusting the TeenCentral community with your story. It’s often helpful to share your thoughts and feelings when you are really upset.
- The HELP tab on our website has several hotlines, textlines and websites that provide immediate feedback when someone needs to talk to someone right away. For example, you can start a conversation simply by texting “HELLO” to 741741 if you are ever feeling unsafe. You will receive an immediate response.
- You mentioned in your post that you “need new parents”. Are there any other trusted adults you feel comfortable talking to besides your parents? Sometimes it can be very helpful to talk to someone face to face about problems in your life.
- TeenCentral has a TOOLS tab you may like to check out. On that tab are numerous downloadable resources such the Positive Reminder Tool. You may find several items on this tab that you’d like to try on your own for uplifting your mood, helping you feel hopeful about your situation or giving you ideas for problem solving.
- There is also a LEARN tab for consideration. On the LEARN tab there is educational material such as information about Depression – click here. There may be many topics that are of interest to you, which may expand your understanding about the feelings you are having about your family issues. We would strongly encourage you to explore both tabs.
- Lastly, hundreds of other young people have written stories to TeenCentral and you have the ability to browse these stories on the site. It can be helpful to know that you’re not alone in your experience and how you are feeling about it. Also read the advice given in these other situations. You can benefit from reading about these other situations and considering the advice given to other young people, in the same way your story may be helping someone else!