Depression and Anxiety
I had anxiety and depression for a long time now. My anxiety makes me have a fear of eating. Ever since this happened, I feel like I’m going to die every day because I’m not eating very much. Every time I do something simple, like walk or open the curtains, I start to freak out and I don’t know why.
- Having anxiety and depression can be very stressful. You are not alone in how you feel and it takes a lot of strength to reach out for help.
- Talking to other people about your anxiety and depression can be very helpful. Letting them know what you are going through can help them to support you.
- Consider talking to a professional about your anxiety and depression. An adult friend of the family or a school counselor could suggest coping skills to help lessen your anxiety and depression.
- Check out the TeenCentral homepage for more information about depression, anxiety and eating disorders. Click on the word Learn at the top of the page and a list of topics will drop down. You will find depression, anxiety and body image as some of the topics. Body image includes information about eating disorders. Click on one of them to see some great resources that can help you through this difficult time.
- What do you think your friends or family would say if you talked to them about your anxiety and depression?
- What coping methods do you have now that can help to calm you down?
- How would you advise your closest friend that came to you with this problem?
- How much do you know about anxiety and depression?