Getting so much worse
Hey so I post on here alot and today I am posting for two people. Me my bestie, who we will call AJ. So me and AJ are both severely depressed and anxious. We both have ADHD and frequent panic attacks. AJ also has terrets. And recently we’ve both been mildly to severely suicidal, depending on the day. We have no one to turn to but each other, and I’m afraid AJ is hurting himself. AJ also has a girlfriend who has been hit the last couple days by this boy at her school, and AJ went to deal with it and I think he got into a lot of trouble. I also have trust issues that are making things hard at my new school and AJ and I haven’t seen each other in some months. I’m just worried things will get so much worse and we won’t make it through this war with ourselves. None of the adults in our life will help or listen to us. What do I do?
- Wow! That certainly sounds overwhelming and stressful! Well thank you for yet again reaching out to TeenCentral to help throughout this difficult time. Your friend is lucky to have you. But let’s take some time to focus on you.
- If you or your friend ever reach the point that you feel unsafe or too sad PLEASE reach out to the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24 hours a day. You can contact them by calling 1-800-273-8255, their website at https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org. If you would rather text someone you can contact the crisis help line by texting “Hello” to 741-741. There is always someone willing and waiting to chat with you no matter the time or day.
- You said in your entry that you have no adults in your life that will help or listen to you. We know that can be very frustrating when you want so badly to reach out for help and talk. Is it possible you’re holding yourself back from telling the adults in your life that you have serious concerns? Sometimes, when we feel like our problems are huge, we think that no one wants to hear about it, or we talk ourselves out of trying to connect. We would strongly encourage you to try again. Have you spoken to your school counselor or any teachers? Even contacting one of the support/crisis hotlines may be able to help along this path.
- We know you said that you write to TeenCentral a lot – have you ever taken the time to explore all of our tabs and blogs? Our Learn and Tools tabs have proven to be quite helpful and many enjoy reading all the blog entries in What’s New.
- How do you sleep at night? Do you sleep enough hours? Is it restful? Lack of restful sleep affects us more than many realize. You can read more about sleep and depression here.
- Have you started any exercise or journaling? I’m sure it has been suggested to you in the past already, but journaling truly is a great release and helps with organizing our thoughts and life. Exercise quite literally produces the happy juices in our brains and helps to harness emotion.