My mom is going to beat me today help
FIND YOURSELF SOME HELP:
- Thank you for reaching out to Teen Central. You are not alone and your safety is vital! You are very strong to reach out for help in this frightening situation.
- It is important that you remain safe both physically and emotionally. If you ever feel you are in danger, PLEASE CALL 911. On the Teen Central website under the “HELP” tab, there are numbers you can call to get help, including 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453), to help kids being abused, or you can text HELLO to 741741 if making a call isn’t possible. These resources are available 24/7. Your safety is the most important thing.
- Do you have someone you trust that you can talk to? This could be a friend, neighbor, teacher, or guidance counselor. It is important to get help if you are in an unsafe situation. This will also allow you to share your feelings. Sometimes letting strong emotions build up can make things more difficult.
- You are likely to have many feelings building up inside. How do you release them? There are many skills and activities that may help. Yoga, music, aerobic exercise, and art are just a few examples. Pick one that interests you and try it out. The best part is if one activity doesn’t seem to help, try another. You can do this!
- In addition to reaching out and talking to someone you trust, journaling may help you express your innermost thoughts, fears, and dreams. What do you want to accomplish this week? What is the best thing happening in your life right now? What are you looking forward to? Start with these prompts and if you need more, check out our “What’s New” Tab or follow this link.