WAYS TO HELP YOURSELF:
- We are sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time right now. While we cannot tell much from your response, we hope we can still link you to some useful information and resources from our website to help you out during times like this.
- If you refer to our HELP tab you may find many useful resources that offer you the ability to speak to another trained person. Crisis Textline: Available 24/7 Support to all individuals in crisis Text “HELLO” to 741741 or check out www.crisistextline.org
- Link to a positive supportive adult in your life. Try speaking with a therapist, counselor, nurse, doctor, teacher, coach, parent, grandparent, older sibling, or adult family friend. Having a person to share a dialogue with can feel like a huge release and often help us through challenging times.
THINGS TO CONSIDER LATER:
- Please check out our TOOLS tab to link you to some useful ideas that you might be able to use while navigating whatever it is that you are going through right now. You might also be able to find out some more information about what you are going through on our LEARN tab where we have diverse topics ranging from depression, anxiety, body image, to wellness, and dating relationships.
- Challenge yourself to learn something new and to make lists of the great skills you have and add to that. There are great things you can challenge yourself to learn which may help you when you don’t feel at your best for example, mindfulness. You can try to keep a gratuity journal, or do something to enhance your positive experiences. Plant some flowers, build a birdhouse and put it out with a home made bird feeder, smile at a stranger. Like a boomerang we often can get back what we put out in to the world.