I’M REALLY SCARED
MY MOM IS GOING CRAZY SHE’S BEEN ON DRUGS FOR SO LONG I’M SCARED SHE IS ON SOMETHING AND SHE IS HURTING MY BROTHER. HELP ME PLEASSSE!
HOW TO GET HELP NOW
- Thank you for reaching out to the TeenCentral Community. You must be really terrified for both yourself and your brother. We are here for you and hopefully the information we give you will be helpful.
- If you or your brother are in immediate danger and you are comfortable with police coming to your house you could call 911. This would be the quickest way to get help for yourself and your brother.
- If you are not comfortable calling the police for whatever reason there are also hotlines you can call to talk through the situation. I think this hotline would be the best for you to call RIGHT NOW: Child Help USA National Hotline / Available 24/7, over 170 languages / Helps youth who are suffering child abuse 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) These people are available to talk to you right now. Please call them to get help for both of you. A second option if you’d rather text instead of call is the Crisis Textline / also Available 24/7 / Support to all individuals in all types of crises / Text “HELLO” to 741741. It is really important that you get on the phone with one of these groups right now because they can talk with you directly.
- Do you have any neighbors you trust or family members you could call who could come and pick you up until your mom is in a better state of mind? Are there any trusted adults in your life who you know could help you right now? Do you have their numbers so you could call or text them?
- Once this immediate crisis is over it will be important for you to think about developing a support plan for yourself. We have a blank one that guides you through developing one on our website in the TOOLS section.
- Also, this situation probably has been very traumatizing. It will be very important for you and your brother to talk through what happened with someone who cares and someone you can trust. You need a plan for if this ever happens again. We at TeenCentral want you both to be SAFE! We are very concerned for you.