I am 13 years old and I am a type one diabetic. I struggled with depression and abuse from my father throughout my childhood. When I was younger I constantly got hit or beat. To this day I am happy and free because I had taken a stand to tell the police. I was also taken to the ER for child crisis or psychiatric unit because suicide was an option for me because of all the trauma in my life. I want to share my story so people can know that things will get better sooner or later and that if you need help you can call somebody you trust or the suicide hotline.
- Thank you for your courage in standing up for yourself and wanting to help others that is wonderful.
- There are many online resources that can provide you with volunteer work to help others that have been in your position.
- There are also maybe some things at your school that could help in supporting you to have maybe a support group there. Maybe talk with school counselors to see if this a possibility.
- Check local listings in you community to see if there are any support groups out there that could benefit from your courage.
- What do you think you could find online for resources to provide your story and help others through volunteer work?
- Are there any resources at your school that you could help others through?
- What would happen if you checked within your community for support groups to share your story and help others?