I want to be able to help people. I have gone through a lot of difficult things throughout my life, and I am thinking about starting a page to help people. Any ideas and words of advice? I was thinking maybe a website or an Instagram or Twitter page.
- It’s amazing that you want to help others. Giving advice is a great way to turn your experiences (bad or good) into something positive.
- You may want to start off by practicing giving advice, learning how to deliver it in a safe way. One suggestion is to train and gather experience under professionals first, before starting off on your own. You could volunteer with organizations (in person or online) like TeenCentral.com, KidsPeace, local health centers or community organizations, hotlines, etc.
- Keep in mind that there is a lot of responsibility with delivering advice and emotional support. People seeking advice may be in very dire situations.
- Once you feel that you have enough experience, you could seek other platforms to deliver advice. Social media is a good way to connect with others as long as it is done safely, taking privacy strongly into account.
- Consider taking some classes where you can learn how to help others if it is what you want to do: like social work or community activism.
- How can you gain more experience helping others?
- Why is it important to gain experience when it comes to advising others?
- What impact do you hope to achieve?