life is just full of traps I have to deal with WITHOUT whiffing my marker. It’s very hard to deal with. like bruh why life? I just barely wanna hang on and constantly keep a fake happy face on. before I had a genuine, real and nice smile, now I just look like a female mr.bean for god’s sake. How can I do this and be truly happy again and want to do something besides eating and marker
- Thank you for reaching out to Teen Central. It’s clear that you’re feeling a lot of pain and trying to survive it. It takes guts to reach out and speak up and say that you’re not ok. We’re so glad you trusted us.
- Is there anyone you can talk to in your life that you can trust with how stressed and overwhelmed you’re feeling? It sounds like you’re trying to make a big change by not inhaling your marker anymore to cope – THAT’S GREAT! When we make big changes, even ones that are good for us, it can still take a while to figure out how to be ok again. Instead of just putting on a happy face, can you let someone, even just one person (a family member, a teacher, a guidance counselor, a friend’s parent) know that you’re really unhappy and having a hard time? Even if they can’t solve your problems for you, it can really help to know you’re not alone.
- If right now you can’t think of anyone that you can talk to in your life, there are STILL LOTS OF PEOPLE THAT WILL LISTEN! Please remember that you can call 1-800-273-8255 anytime day or night and someone will try to help you. If you don’t want to call, you can text HELLO to 741741 and talk to someone that way instead. Check out our HELP page for other options to reach people that care about you and want you to be ok.
WHEN YOU’RE READY:
- Inhaling is just one way that people use substances. The immediate high that can happen can feel like it’s instantly dissolving your problems, but we think you already know that it’s not a good idea for you. Taking the chemicals that are in markers and other inhalants into your body can cause serious injury, sometimes permanent damage. Here’s a link to a website that gives you some more information about what inhalants are and what can happen to you when you use them: click here. We’re SO PROUD that you are trying to deal with all of your stress without hurting yourself. KEEP GOING!
- Keeping the pain you’re feeling to yourself can make things just feel worse and worse. Sometimes, people that feel this way are struggling with depression. In LEARN, we have information and resources about how people feel when they have Depression that may be interesting for you to see if you relate. Depression can effect your thinking and you may believe that others don’t want to be around you or that you’re too much of a burden. Consider telling even just one person in your life how you feel. It’s worth the risk of feeling awkward to learn that you are important and cared for. LET SOMEONE IN.
- Feeling better also means taking time to take care of yourself. Way too often we don’t give ourselves the time or permission to just do things for us. Consider taking even just 10 minutes a day – to breathe, go outside, exercise, watch your favorite TV show, listen to a favorite song, or be creative. Just 10 minutes a day can have a real impact on how you feel, and help you combat all the stress you’re dealing with every day. Check out our LEARN and TOOLS sections for information about Taking Care of Yourself, Wellness, Yoga, and Relaxation.