I hate school. I hate how isolated I am. I’m not getting any help from anyone. I know I am capable but I can’t think or concentrate. I failed a class already and I just want to quit school. I have no family or friends near me (they live 5 hours away). I know school is important and at this point, all I want to do is pass. But I hate the way I feel all the time.
- It must be very frustrating to feel so alone right now. We’re so glad you felt comfortable enough to reach out to Teen Central for help.
- Have you visited our Home page? We have several blogs there, including one entitled “Strengthen Your Mental Wellness as Co-Vid 19 Continues”. It may be helpful article for you as we continue to navigate this pandemic, and it may help to realize that you are definitely not alone in your feelings for this situation.
- We understand that you don’t have any family or friends near you, but is there another trusted person in your life that you could reach out to for support? Maybe a teacher, pastor, or a mentor that you know? Have you considered seeking a mental health professional for support during this time?
- If you still feel that you can’t find the support you need, and/or if you start feeling unsafe, please consider using the following Crisis Textline. It’s available 24 hours a day and all you have to do is text “Hello” to 741741.
- Have you considered taking small breaks in between or after your classes and going outside for some fresh air and sunshine? The Vitamin D often helps people feel rejuvenated when they’re feeling down. It might be helpful to schedule these “breaks” into your day. Write down the times you can get away from school, even if its only for 10 minutes or so.
- What about talking to your teachers or a Guidance Counselor? Have you let them know the issues you’re having? Believe it or not, these problems are very common right now and you’re not alone. They may have some creative ideas to help get you back in the swing of things.
- Before you started feeling this way, what interests or hobbies did you have? You may want to try and find even 1 tool you used and bring it back. Bringing something fun back into your daily routine can really brighten your mood.