Every couple has their fights and disagreements. My boyfriend and I dated on and off in high school. He had cheated on me once during our relationship and had recently told me after we broke up a couple months ago. I blacked out on him once he told me and then just a couple of weeks ago he had told me who it was with. We are currently working on things seeing as I can’t let him go. I honestly have no feelings for anyone besides him. But, sometimes, all I can see is him with that girl and how she betrayed me.
- When your boyfriend cheats on you it can make you feel upset and disappointed. You are strong for trying to work things out with him even though you’ve been hurt.
- If it’s difficult to avoid the girl your boyfriend cheated on you with, you can try being businesslike. This way, you don’t have to get personal. The truth is that the situation isn’t your fault. You can think of it as a bad situation that happened to you but that you have no part in. Not getting personal can help you avoid unnecessary conflict with this girl.
- You don’t have to pretend to be friends with this girl. It may be best to be honest with her if you have to. You can tell her exactly where you stand without getting personal.
- You can try to deal with your emotions by being more spiritual. Some spiritual techniques include prayer, meditation and yoga. You can suggest attending church with your boyfriend. Head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Spirituality for more information.
- Unfortunately, no relationships are perfect. The real test of your love is if you can still be together after a guy cheats on you. If you can’t tolerate his wayward behavior then he’s not the one for you.
- You can tell your boyfriend exactly how you feel. A real man will listen without judgment.
- If you feel excessively jealous or crazy about the situation you may be better off with someone else.
- You can try expressing your emotions in a healthy way by doing creative activities such as writing in a journal, painting or writing.
- If your current boyfriend isn’t right for you, there are other fish in the sea. Remember that there is someone who fits you but they won’t be perfect either.
- You have to learn to love yourself before you can be in a real relationship. This means that you might need to spend some time alone to learn this.
- Knowledge is power. You can educate yourself on relationships by reading books and articles on the subject.
- You and your boyfriend can try couples’ therapy.
- If you stay with your current boyfriend will you always be bothered by the fact that he cheated on you?
- How do you feel about the possibility that your boyfriend might belong with someone else besides you and that’s why he cheated?
- How do you visualize your relationship with your current boyfriend in 5 years? How do you envision in in 10 years?
- Would you feel cheated out of your own happiness by staying with your boyfriend?
- How do you feel about simply taking some time away from each other? How might this strengthen the relationship in the long run?