Last night two people came banging on my door and my mom and brother answered and i heard my brother say do y’all have a guns and I ran to the door and they pulled their guns out and said “where is my stuff”? I left in the hallway “where is it give it to us our shi#” and then I heard a sorta of click noise and they said “let us in I know you guys have it don’t just grow legs and walk the f away” and then our neighbors walked in and they put it back in there hoodies and I shut the door sat down and thought about it. I kind of had a smirk on my face and I also slept like a baby that night and now that I think about it that sounds really crazy.
- That sounds like a very intense and scary situation you went through. It’s ok to have a wide range of feelings about this including fear or numbness. Remember, Teen Central is here to listen to your story and offer all the support we can.
- First and foremost, if you are ever in a situation where you (or your family members) do not feel safe at home, please dial 911 for immediate assistance. You can also text “HELLO” to 741741 for instantaneous 24 hour a day support.
- Also- I think it is important to discuss this situation with an adult in your home. Let them know how it made you feel, and it’s more than ok to tell them that the situation made you uncomfortable. Keep the line of communication open between you and your mom (and even your brother).
- You should also be prepared for some negative feedback from your family about your concerns. And if you are feeling numb or even emotionless about this incident, what does that mean to you? Just because the emotions aren’t hitting you right now, doesn’t mean they won’t come. So prepare yourself for that as well. What coping skills can you use when or if some other emotions stir up?
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself during situations like this. If you are feeling a void of emotions, how can you fill that void with positive things? Try doing something new or an activity that makes you happy (maybe with your mom or brother). This will bring joy into your life rather than negativity.