I Want to Stay Out Late
I want to stay out late but my parents won’t let me.
- Wanting more freedom as a teenager can make you feel frustrated and like you’re missing out on life. You are smart for wondering why your parents can control your curfew even though you feel a desire to live life.
- Your parents likely have your best interests in mind. As a teen, you’re young and you lack experience in the grown-up world. There are dangerous people out there who are just waiting for a chance to take advantage of a naive kid. Kids your own age can be a bad influence on you because they might convince you to do drugs or drink alcohol, among other things. Your parents want to keep you safe. This is their responsibility.
- Before you become an adult, you need to learn responsibility. This will help you make informed decisions about your own life. Your own safety is very important.
- You might benefit from seeing all the ways you can be grateful that your parents care about your safety and well-being. You can write reasons to be grateful for your parents and your life in a journal.
- When you’re 18, you can make your own decisions about curfews.
- Since you can’t go out, you can find other ways to spend your time at home. You can try expressing yourself creatively with painting, drawing, playing a musical instrument or writing. Other activities you can do include reading books, listening to music, watching humorous movies or playing games.
- Be positive. There are other ways to enjoy being a teenager besides staying out late. Find what works for you so you don’t have to focus on this matter too much.
- Can you imagine how your life might be different if you had irresponsible parents who didn’t care what happens to you?
- In what positive ways could your future be affected since you have parents who are responsible?
- How can you commit to having healthy goals which will help you live a good life?