I’m always upset no matter who I’m with or how happy they try to get me. For no reason I can be enjoying myself and then the next thing you know I’m upset over a game or girls or myself or nothing. I’m tired of being upset for stupid stuff.
- Being upset for no reason you can find can make you feel alone and confused. You are strong for living with emotions you don’t completely understand even though it can affect your day-to-day activities and even relationships.
- You can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab to call one of the hotlines if you need someone to talk to. Consider speaking to a therapist or school counselor to help you understand the root of your problems so you can move on with life. Sometimes traumatizing events affect us and we try to ignore them but can’t because it affected us too deeply.
- You might be experiencing the symptoms of depression. On the Teen Central website, you can click the Learn tab then Depression, Bullying or others to figure out what may be wrong. Some people who have depression isolate themselves from friends and family, cry for no reason they can understand or may become more irritable and angry than they normally would among many other signs and symptoms.
- Try being positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself on a regular basis. You can use a daily journal to write down some things you’re grateful for or do art to express your feelings. Read inspiring quotes or stories about real life heroes for motivation. Find something to laugh at each day such as a comic book, humorous pet videos or a comedy movie. Click the Tools tab on the Teen Central website for useful downloadable resources called Positive Reminder, Positive Talk and Yoga Pose among others.
- You can be yourself by expressing your feelings in a healthy way and doing the things you enjoy.
- Creativity gives many people a healthy outlet to express their feelings. It can also be therapeutic and healing. Some creative activities are creative writing, drawing, painting, listening to music, sculpting and learning to play a musical instrument.
- Spirituality can give a person a sense of safety, calm their spirit, make their life more meaningful and give them something to believe in. Meditation, prayer and yoga are spiritual techniques that can help you feel healthier and happier.
- Unhealthy relationships can make a person feel down, angry or upset in many ways that can be undetectable. You can learn to keep healthy boundaries by respecting yourself and your own feelings. Say no when you feel like it and only have people around you who care genuinely about you as a person. If you can’t completely get away from someone, you can go to the park, library or stay in your room more often. The Teen Central website Tools tab has downloadable resources on 8 Signs of Healthy Relationships and 8 Signs of Unhealthy Relationships.
- Volunteering is a great way to take your mind off negativity by helping those less fortunate. Some organizations for teens are Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, your local library, pet shelter or soup kitchen. Taking care of a pet can be a healing experience. You can foster or adopt one from an animal shelter in your area.
- In what ways can getting help now make you happier now and in the future?
- How does a positive mindset change a person’s outlook on life?
- In what ways can you love and respect yourself more as a person?
- In what ways can you make sure to be yourself even when the world tries to change you?