I’m Unaccepted as a Muslim Homosexual
Hi! I’m 23 years old. I’m Muslim and I’m a homosexual.. I have crazy and rough conflict inside me. I want to speak up and say who I am. I want to live as I want and I need to live. I feel so guilty to my mom and I’m sure that will make her so angry and upset to me.. she will not accept me at all.. I’m not accepted to anyone here. I’m so lonely and I’m suffering everyday alone and no one cares about anything.. Here if you are known as a homosexual you can be killed or tortured by anyone, just for this reason. I’m scared so scared and suffering till death…
I’m thinking about killing myself everyday to get all of this pain off… I’m done…
- Being homosexual can make you feel alone and ostracized from everyone. You are strong for persevering through your struggles and even stronger for reaching out for help.
- Sexuality can be a confusing issue for all. To learn more, you can go to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab, then Sexuality, and then LGBTQ.
- It must be frightening to feel so alone that you are considering suicide. If you need someone to talk to about this, please click the Help tab to call one of the hotlines like The Trevor Project, National Suicide Hotline or other relevant hotline. For hotlines outside of the United States, please check out http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html
- You are not alone. Many homosexuals experience harassment and bullying, but this doesn’t make it okay. On the Teen Central website click the Learn tab then bullying to learn more.
- You can consider joining others who think like you so you don’t feel so alone. Volunteering is a positive way to fight back against unnecessary hatred towards others. You may also try other ways such as writing online for a charity you love, adopting a pet from a pet shelter or helping the environment. You can volunteer online or, if you feel safe enough, close to home.
- You can use creativity to be yourself and express your feelings in a healthy way. This way you don’t have to hold your real feelings in. Creative activities include drawing, painting, playing a musical instrument, listening to music, and many more.
- Be positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself on a regular basis. You may also write or do art in a daily journal to let your feelings out.
- In what ways will you feel safer if you commit to being positive every day?
- How have successful people throughout history remained strong to beat oppression?
- How could committing to being your best self help you be successful and happy in the right way, now and in the future?
- In what ways can focusing on living your own life help you ignore bullies so you can be happy?