I used to cross dress. My first girlfriend daisy said i was small and left me for someone who was bigger.
- Thank you for sharing your story with the TeenCentral community. It must be really difficult to share such sensitive details about yourself and your dating experiences. I want to assure you that this is a safe place to seek help and support for your concerns.
- Based on the little bit you’ve shared about yourself I would encourage you to look around on TeenCentral.com, especially the “Learn” and “Help” tabs. In these areas of our website you will find a lot of information about the topics you referenced in your story including help for teens who have questions about LGBTQ issues and concerns. There’s also information about relationships and dating that may be helpful to you.
- Having experiences like you describe could leave anyone feeling insecure about his/her/their body and/or general appearance. Have you talked to anyone about this in person? Is there someone you can trust in your life such as an older family member, teacher/coach, counselor/therapist, rabbi/pastor or someone else? I encourage you to consider talking to someone you consider trustworthy who can help you sort out your feelings.
- Some young people keep a journal. Have you ever tried this? Writing feelings or thoughts down can be helpful. If you don’t like writing, what about an art journal? Artistic expression can really help work out confusing feelings.
- Your identity as a young person is still forming. It can take many years for a person to truly know and understand who they are. Have you thought about this? What are your most important qualities as a person? Consider recording these ideas in your journal.
- There are many stories on TeenCentral.com from other young people who have had experiences and concerns similar to yours. Consider reading through some of these stories. It can be very powerful to be reminded that we are not alone!