Hi, so since I was like 10, I have always loved romance books, fairytales and all that. I use to make weird faces at hot guys on tv that would make my fam laugh. Now I’m almost 18 and I give up. I’ve never dated…I’ve wanted so badly to be loved by a guy I like but it never happens…I’m super skinny, straight blonde hair, gray-blue eyes, 5 foot 4, natural blood red lips…but every guy I like has embarrassed me in front of everyone. I use to be shy but now I’m braver. I talk around them, walk around them. I’ve even worn skimpy clothes to grab this guys eye. Being in high school and seeing everyone date is just hurting my hope. I believe in god, but I just feel like he could help me but he hasn’t. I hate my bestie because she said he has a gf. I At this rate I’m convinced I’ll be a crazy cat lady my whole life. I cry so much in the mornings because tarot cards, ouji boards, magic 8 balls and God, have all lied to me. I hate love movies now because I hate love now. I’m dreading valentines day and plan to fake sickness so that I don’t have to be around him…I’m not here for advice really because I know there’s nothing that can be done. I just have no hope…I haven’t talked to him so that may be the problem.
- First , and most importantly, thank you for reaching out to Teen Central to share your story with us. It sounds as though you are feeling a little hopeless right now, but we appreciate having a chance to talk about loving yourself as loving and being loved by others.
- One thing that your post is telling us is that you have attempted a multitude of things to get an answer , and that it appears that there is some frustration that you are not getting the answers that you want. It’s good to have a person in your corner to talk about these things who not only can listen to you, but also can give a little more feedback then yes or no answers. That person could be closer then you think. You had mentioned a friend that you were not talking to right now but it seems like you are angry with her for something that she does not have control over. Maybe it would feel good to talk to her about these things again, talk to your parents or someone that you trust.
- You mentioned some hopelessness and feeling really down, which is concerning to us. If you ever feel like these feelings are becoming intolerable or really overwhelming, and you can’t find someone to talk to, please consider calling 1-800-273-8255 or text HELP to 741741.
- Within our LEARN tab there are some great resources for understanding ANXIETY and DEPRESSION (including feeling hopeless). Check out these resources to understand what you are feeling at this time, and get some suggestions about how to work through.
- There are always ways to help us stop and process. What about writing? Writing allows for us to get out the thoughts and emotions that we are feeling them, but also allows us time to process without the pressure of a conversation. You were doing exactly this as you were telling us your story. The last sentence ” I have not talked to him that may be the problem” appears to be an after thought and something that came to you as you were writing it. Take this time to see if this is something that you want to work out a little bit more. Consider if this anxiety has prevented you from talking to him, or fear of rejection, or maybe even fear of acceptance? We can’t promise that it is going to go the way that you want it to, but you may be able to create a good friendship if the relationship doesn’t work out.
- LOVE THYSELF implies the belief that we are one with who we are. Allowing ourselves to not only care about those around us, but also care for ourselves is a huge piece of not only loving another person, but being comfortable with who we are as well. This could be a great opportunity for some self searching and understanding. If you need some help with this, check out our TOOLS tab . Tools like our SELF POSITIVE TALK , SOCIAL SKILLS, or even the VIRTUAL HUG could all be of assistance at this time.
- Know that you are important, and you are not alone. Love is a very hard thing to talk about, think about, and especially put ourselves out there for. Some of the greatest love stories start with the idea of an unknown perception. There is no time frame for love, when we fall in love, or who we fall in love with. Taking the time to know who you are will make this journey that much easier, healthier, and maybe even more fun when it is time. Who knows maybe you could even write your own love story.