My life story- Transgender bisexual
Hi. I suffer from depression, anxiety, ptsd and have a learning disability. My dad went to jail and I’m really upset and I don’t know what to do. Can you please help me? I’m also here to make friends and meet new people online. Thanks crisis for giving me this website. So I’m bisexual and a transgender male and my mom is mad about that. I am also 13. Could I please have help ? I have 4 boyfriends I’m currently on my 4th.
- Thank you for sharing your story with us at TeenCentral! It’s great to hear that you want to make friends and share your story. You can look through the TeenCentral website and find stories related to your story. Take a look at what other teens are going through and read through the comments to see what worked for them. Often, we can find some useful information from another teen who has been through the same thing. Other times, you might find that you have tried that and it did not work, but everyone is different, so just keep trying and something will work!
- It sounds like you have some great coping skills already in place. You contacted crisis which is a good first step. You are sharing your story here, which is a great second step. You also sound motivated to improve your life.
- It is important to have some trusted adults in your life that you can share some of this with. Don’t be shy about finding one. It could be a school teacher, guidance counselor, social worker, friend of the family, or family member for example. If they are not the person to be of support to you, maybe they know someone who can or can refer you to someone who can help you. It is nice to bounce ideas off of a trusted adult and get their feeback so you get the help you need.
- Also, find some ways to manage your depression and anxiety by engaging in positive activities, even if you don’t feel like it. Most likely, after doing something you enjoy, you will feel a little better and will more willing to do it again. You could even keep a journal of how you feel before and after the activity. You might need to experiment a little bit to find the right activiy. It might be something active, that gets your blood moving and improves your mood, or it might be something creative that allows you to express yourself, or it might even be something that calms you down and allows you to relax, leaving worries behind. It might also be a mixture of all of these!
- You might also want to seek out some professional help from a counselor. Dealing with family issues, mental health issues, and transgender identification at a young age is a lot. Just like you would go see a doctor if you didn’t feel well physically, be sure to visit a counselor if you don’t feel well emotionally. You can ask your guidance counselor or school social worker for some resources to help your family find the right service for you. It would also help your relationship with your mom.
- What parts of the Teen Central Website do you find the most helpful?
- How can you seek out some supports through your school?
- What acvities can you try in the next few weeks?
- Who can you ask for help to seek counseling?