My mom hits me when I get bad grades (A.K.A below 85). Today she hit me so hard with her bracelets, she gave me a giant gash elbow. plzz help.
- Your safety is the first concern. If you are in a situation in which you don’t feel safe, please contact 9-1-1 for immediate help. Give them your name and location and let them know what you’re calling for.
- Do you have a trusted adult that you can go to and let them know what’s going on? You could talk to a counselor at school or at church, a teacher- someone who you feel will listen to you help you get the help you need. Is there a safe place you can go when your mom is upset to give you both some space and her some time to cool off?
- If you don’t feel there is anyone that you trust enough in your life to talk to, you can contact 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) anytime day or night or http://www.childhelpusa.org/. You can also text HELLO to 741741 for help. Someone is always ready to listen and help.
- Please consider taking a look at a blog in the “WHAT’S NEW” section of our website entitled “Getting Help for Abuse During the Pandemic”. It will give you more information and more resources you can use for your situation. Everyone has been under more stress due to the pandemic, and if your mom is struggling with stress too, you both could benefit from some help.
- If you need to talk about your grades with your mom, is there a trusted family member or family friend that could be with you to provide support?
- Thank you for reaching out! You deserve to feel safe. Asking for help is taking the first step to making that happen.