It’s just something that can’t be fixed.
- Problems you believe you can’t fix can make you feel frustrated and discouraged. You are strong for making an honest effort to question any problems you have by getting help, even though it seems like it won’t end.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website and click the Help tab then call one of the hotlines. You may also click the Learn tab and/or Tools tab to read more about any issues you may have.
- Be positive. If you don’t dwell on the problem, you might forget about it for a while. Repeat positive affirmations to yourself. Read inspiring quotes or an inspirational book about someone who overcame their struggles. Or use a daily journal to write in and express your feelings. You can also find something to laugh at, such as a comic book or a humorous movie.
- You can express your feelings with creativity by painting, coloring in a coloring book or playing a musical instrument.
- You can speak to a trusted therapist, school counselor or other mental health professional. They may be able to help you solve the problem, or at least deal with it, so you can live your life in peace.
- If you can’t fix your own problems, it can be very rewarding to fix other problems people may have. You can get involved with charities by volunteering for a worthy cause. You can try walking dogs at a pet shelter, reading to children at the library or helping an organization that protects the environment, among others. You can also donate any belongings you don’t want to Goodwill, church or a homeless shelter, or write letters to children with disabilities.
- Staying hopeful through hard times will help you persevere. If you have depression, you can check out the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Depression to learn more. Knowledge is power.
- Being more spiritual can help you accept what you can’t change. You can head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Spirituality to read more. Try yoga, meditation or prayer to gain depth and understanding. You can even attend church services.
- How can committing to a positive mindset every day change your life for the better?
- In what ways can you motivate yourself to stay strong through hard times?
- Is there anything you can learn from the problem you’re facing?
- How can you let your problem make you a stronger person?