- Going through negative experiences as a teenager can make you feel unhappy and misunderstood. You are strong for enduring your circumstances even though life can be difficult.
- If you need someone to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website then click the Help tab to call one of the hotlines. You may also speak to a trusted therapist or school counselor. Click the Learn tab to educate yourself about any issues you might have which may be depression, anxiety or suicidal thoughts among others. The Tools tab has downloadable resources to help you be more positive, learn yoga poses or keep track of your mood among others. You can click the Stories tab to read stories that were submitted by other teens.
- You can use creativity as a positive outlet to express your feelings. Color in a coloring book, paint, draw, do creative writing, listen to music, learn to play a musical instrument, cook or do any other creative activity you’d like.
- Try being more spiritual by doing prayer, yoga or meditation on a regular basis. Spirituality can give you something to believe in, a sense of safety, calmness and understanding of others.
- You can be positive by repeating positive affirmations to yourself. Keep yourself from spiralling out of control by having hope. You can do this by always having something to look forward to like a book you’re reading. Read inspiring quotes and inspirational stories to be motivated to beat your negative situation.
- Volunteering for a cause your care about can encourage you to be more positive in this cruel world. Organizations are always in need of someone who wants to help run things. Help out at a local animal shelter, plant trees for the environment or teach children the value of reading at your local library. Foster or adopt a pet from a pet shelter to give a dog or cat the loving home it deserves. You can volunteer online or in your area. Search for opportunities through websites like Volunteermatch or ask an organization you admire if they need extra help.
- In what ways can a positive mindset change your present circumstances and future for the better?
- How can self-improvement lead to a more meaningful life?
- In what ways can spirituality change your life?