New Year Resolutions
New Year Resolutions
So in the past when I’ve reached out to y’all it’s because of boy problems but I’ve got something new.
This year’s New Year’s resolutions were to be more responsible and to be healthier. I’ve been doing well in the responsible sense, but when it comes to being healthier I’ve been doing worse! I have not been exercising and have been eating way more junk food! How can I fix this? And how can I make healthier choices??
- Sometimes admitting that we may not be meeting the expectations that we set for ourselves can be difficult. It is really good to self-reflect on some of our own personal goals. Thanks for sharing your goals with us here at Teen Central.
- Under the “Tools” tab on www.teencentral.com there are a few resources that may be able to help track your physical activity. These items can assist with tracking aerobic activity like strength training, running, and yoga. If you find an activity that you enjoy doing it will soon become habit rather than something you have to do.
- It may also be helpful to track your eating and drinking habits. Holding yourself accountable with a daily log of your nutritional intake and activity level is always beneficial. When you remind yourself every day to do something, it soon becomes second nature.
- Set an alarm on your phone to do something active, even if it’s for 5 or 10 mins. Something as simple as stretching before bed, or setting a time to walk around the block can change your mindset and get you closer to your health goals.
- Pick one new healthy task (drink more water, eat more veggies, take a walk or a bike ride). Check off on a calendar every day you accomplish that task. Not only will this help hold you accountable for being healthier, but it will help you feel more complete by tackling your goals. Seeing your accomplishments on paper will make you feel super accomplished!
- It’s also important to remember not to beat yourself up about falling short of your goals. Every baby step to work towards something helps!
- ALSO- Be creative with being active! Dance party anyone?