My parents hate me. My mom constantly comments on my hair (it’s naturally curly) ,my acne, music taste, clothes, friends, grades, and art. We get into huge fights, and when I came out as bisexual my mom flipped, and screamed at me for about an hour, then grounded me for like three months. My dad had a stroke about 3 years ago and he doesn’t even care anymore.
Also, people make me sick. I see people, even my friends, and I just… feel nausea? I don’t know why. They’re great people, and I love them, but now… I don’t know.
- Fighting with your parents can be very difficult. You are an incredibly strong person for going through what you are. You are a beautiful person, and deserve to be treated as such.
- Perhaps you could sit down with your mom and a neutral third party and talk about the concerns you have. Let her know how her actions make you feel.
- If you feel as though a conversation with her won’t work, try writing her a letter stating how you feel. You could even try writing one to your father as well.
- You shouldn’t feel ashamed to need alone time from your friends. It’s normal to need a break from even the people that you love.
- Perhaps you could find a trusted adult (teacher, guidance counselor, etc.) and confide in them. Sometimes just talking to someone can make you feel better.
- How would a conversation go with your mom if you sat down with her?
- Would you feel better to talk about everything with a trusted adult?
- What are some activities you can do to just take some time for yourself?