I’m a 12 year old non binary lesbian. And i need friends that are more like me. I’m so lonely! PLEASE HELP!
- Thank you for reaching out to TeenCentral! We are more than happy to help during this confusing time. It’s very brave of you to come forward with your story and your honest feelings about what’s happening with you right now. Many young people keep these thoughts and feelings inside and then deal with many negative emotions as a result. It’s a very good thing to share. Take a look at some of the other stories on the site that have similar themes. You will see that YOU ARE NOT ALONE – not by a long-stretch. Many young people are searching for an identity at your age and looking for others with whom they can also relate.
- Educate yourself. There is so much information and knowledge available to you. This is a great way to meet friends because as you explore all the different avenues of knowledge regarding LGBTQ+, you will meet many others in similar situations. Below we have provided some links to some of that knowledge that is available right on this website.
- Have you told your parents/guardians and family about this yet? Perhaps talking openly with them about this could help? I know this can be very tough to do, but in the end can be very beneficial to helping guide you on your journey.
- Does your school/community have any clubs or support groups for LGBTQ+? This is a great place to start. With a little bit of online research we found a place in the community very near from where you sent in this story called “Rainbow”. You can find out about them by visiting this website: Home | Rainbow Center (rainbowcc.org) If you don’t live close enough to this resource perhaps call them and ask if they can link you to resources in the area near where you live.
- Please visit TeenCentral’s “Tools” page to explore many resources and activities that may be beneficial for you during this time such as; Positive self-talk, information pertaining to relationships, and overall wellness.
- While on TeenCentral’s website, be sure to check out the “Learn” tab for more information pertaining to these topics including LGBTQ+ and much much more!
- The “What’s New” tab is filled with blog entries covering many topic including one titled, “LGBTQ Respect: Be an Ally!”