I’m 25 weeks pregnant with twin boys. I’m going back to school soon, and I’m so scared to go because my stomach is huge. I don’t ever leave my house because I’m so embarrassed. I see other people my age swimming, running, and all that stuff. I’m stuck going to uncomfortable doctor’s appointments and just feeling so tired and uncomfortable all the time. I gained over 60 pounds, and it’s all in my bump. I don’t want to be stared at at school because of how huge I am. I know this is really long, but I will be giving birth soon. I am horrified of the pain. I’m so scared. Being pregnant at my age is not fun at all.
- It is totally understandable to be scared to go back to school. You are very brave!
- It would be difficult to stop people from staring and judging you, but it is in your control to block them out. Try to not let them get to you. You are so strong, and in a few months to a year, anything they do to try to bring you down will seem so silly.
- Surround yourself with people who support you. It will be a hard time and it helps so listen to words of encouragement. This includes friends, family, counselors, and medical caretakers. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help. Ask questions. And most of all, talk about how your are feeling.
- What can you do to prepare going back to school, mentally and academically?
- Why is school important and what attitudes do you want to bring with you when you go back?
- What are some ways you can practice blocking out people who are going to try to tear you down?
- Who can you talk to about your fears and concerns?