I am a very nice person who also happens to deal with extreme stress, anxiety, and hopeless about life. I really hate dealing with these things, especially as a student in high school. When I was little, people thought I would be the perfect child, but that all turned around when I reached the age of eight. I started being very cocky to people and talking about death, even after dealing with one. Now I am a teenager doing all of this stuff and suffering as a suicidal person who doesn’t know what to do. Please help me!
- You are not alone. High school is tough, especially if you are dealing with these types of things.
- If you are thinking of killing yourself or are in need of immediate support, please contact 911 or your local authorities, or access the Help page of TeenCentral for a list of support hotlines.
- If you feel suicidal, please call the National Suicide Hotline- the number is 1-800-273-TALK.
- You are a strong person for going through all of this. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to a trusted adult, teacher, or counselor at your school.
- If you feel hopeless about life, maybe try to spend more time doing what you love. Perhaps a sport, hobby, or even hanging out with some friends would help you.
- If possible, perhaps have a conversation with a parent, guardian, grandparent, or someone trusted. They might have some insight that would be helpful for you.
- Who is that one person that you can reach out to for help when you need it most?
- How would you feel about reaching out to a professional for help?
- What advice would you give to a friend that came to you with this problem?