Psychic gifts suck
I’ve been an empath for as long as I can remember. Some days I hate it. Today is one of those days. I work as an armed courrier which can be high stress. Today my partner was angry all day and it felt like all his anger and frustration was directed towards me. I made one small mistake and he blew the situation out of proportion. Now, I just want to go home and cry. Being the only girl in this type of work environment I can’t afford to let my feelings show at work and let my weakness show. He just criticized my entire work today and now I feel worthless.
- It is never okay for someone to lash out at you just because of small mistake. You reacted in a mature way by not responding to him in the same demeanor as him.
- Talk to him about the situation and remind how you would rather have him approach you when he’s feeling any sort of way about you.
- You mentioned not being able to show your emotions at work but also know that you shouldn’t hold back from doing so but never in a negative way. We all have feelings and it is okay to show/share them.
- If he is not very understanding about how you felt when he directed anger and frustration towards you, consider speaking to your supervisor or manager and let them know about the situation so they become aware and can reach out to him in hopes that he will understand and react differently next time.
- Who can you speak to at work about this situation?
- How many other people noticed the way he was acting towards you at work and what was their response to it?
- How can you approach him now so he does not continue to act that way in the future?