I am very scared and worried to meet new friends. I will know people at the high school that I’m going to but I don’t know how to meet brand new friends. Eighth grade was a big struggle for me and I’m scared ninth grade is going to be harder, the work will be harder, the classes longer, and for meeting new people.
- The changes that come with starting a new school and having to make new friends can be intimidating and stressful. You are brave for reaching out for support on how to handle these changes.
- Think of some healthy coping outlets such as reading, writing or listening to music. Utilizing healthy coping outlets can help to reduce the stress that you are feeling.
- It can be hard dealing with stress by yourself. It can really weigh you down and distract you from what is important such as your studies, friends and family. Consider sharing your concerns with a trusted adult like your parents or a guidance counselor for support.
- Check out the Social Skills Resource under the tools tab on TeenCentral. It can help you learn how to effectively talk to new and old friends.
- What are some ways you can comfort yourself if you feel scared and stressed at school?
- By using some of the resources under the tools tab on TeenCentral (such as Social Skills, Task Chart and Schedule resources), how can they help you feel better about going into ninth grade?
- What can you do to boost your self-esteem so that you are not as intimidated to make new friends and are more confident going into a new school?