I am being bullied. Sometimes it is physical and sometimes it is mental. Every school year I have to endure this torment over and over again. I am only 13. I just want some friends and to know I am not alone.
- Nobody should have to be bullied. Bullying is wrong. It is understandable that this makes you feel bad and to want people that care about you, so you do not feel so alone.
- You may want to consider talking to someone at your school. Nobody wants to feel like a tattle-tell, but you are probably not the only one going through this. Telling a teacher, principal, or school counselor may not only improve your situation, but possibly improve someone else’s situation as well.
- You may also want to consider talking to your parents or caregivers, especially if you do not feel comfortable reporting the bullying to the school yourself. Your parents/caregivers could contact the school and tell them what is happening. They may also be able to help you process your feelings or get you some counseling if necessary. Your parents/caregivers probably care about you a great deal, but they cannot help you if you do not reach out to them.
- To connect with people and find friends you may want to consider talking to people in your class or joining some group activities that you are interested in, such as sports, different kinds of clubs (book club, chess club, or video game club), or other after school activities. Many schools, libraries or community organizations offer these types of services.
- Check out the video series on the TeenCentral.com homepage. You can also click on the Learn link and find the topic of Bullying on the drop-down menu.
- Have you talked to your parents/caregivers about being bullied? If not, what is the reasoning behind your decision not to tell them? If yes, how did they respond and was it helpful?
- Have you told anyone at school about being bullied such as teachers, principal, or counselor and what did they do about?
- Have you talked to other kids who are being bullied? What did they have to say about it?
- If you told somebody, what do you think the outcome would be?
- What positive steps can you make to improve your situation?