I have lost four jobs over three years and am on unemployment. I know my own emotional and mental health is a roller coaster. Trying to find a job and due to covid19 that has been irritating and frustrating itself. I need advice on my situations and predicament I am in.
- Life can be challenging sometimes, especially when we seem to have more than one struggle going on at the same time. Reaching out for help is a good first step. Thank you for sharing your story with Teen Central.
- COVID-19 has caused stress and anxiety within many of us. Click on the What’s New Tab or this link, https://teencentral.com/finding-a-way-through-covid-19/ ,to find an article titled Finding a Way Through COVID-19. This article will help you navigate your world with COVID-19 and will provide you with positive ideas and ways to cope with the stress caused by it.
- It is important to express your emotions so they don’t build up and cause more damage. Who do you have in your life to talk to? This may be a friend, a family member, or a neighbor. Sharing your emotions, frustrations with searching for a job, and how life is going may assist you in feeling better. This person may also be able to offer some helpful advice along the way.
- Stress and anxiety can quickly pull us down. If you are not feeling your best, it could be difficult to present well while looking for a job. Finding ways to cope with your stress and anxiety can help you feel better and help you show others the best version of YOU. Try aerobic exercise, yoga, or doing something artistic and see if it helps you cope with the stress in your life.
- Journaling can often help us express how we are feeling and also can help assist you in developing goals for your future. Writing these things down can help you process what is going on in your life. What are your short term goals? Long term goals? What are you looking for with employment? What are some of your strengths that you can offer an employer? What are some areas you can work to improve prior to being hired?