Besides all of my other problems like depression and anxiety, my main problem at the moment is relationships. I’m 17 and I’ve been in love 3 times in my life. And when I say I love them, I truly mean it. And please don’t give me the “you’re too young for love” or “it’s not love if you’ve never dated them” or any of the BS I’ve heard. The problem is that they don’t give a damn about me, but all I do is chase them and end up getting myself hurt really bad and its making me fall into a deeper depression. All I want in my life is to have someone that I love that loves me. Is that too much to ask for? Why can’t I just be happy and live my life with the person I love? I just feel like I have no future. Thinking about ending it all constantly because I feel like I’m going to die alone anyway so why not just cut to the chase. I don’t know though, someone just please get back to me. I’m about an inch away from mental breakdown.
- You are feeling depressed and anxious. You have had three devastating relationships and you wonder if you will ever find someone out there that you can love and will love you back. You worry that a relationship like that is not in your future. You are understandably feeling sad that three times you have put your heart and soul into a relationship that did not work out. You are strong for reaching out for help.
- If you are ever feeling like your life is not worth living or harming yourself in any way, please know that there are other, better choices. Please call CHILD HELP USA at 1-800-422-4453 immediately. It is a 24-Hour number. There are people there who want to help and will talk to you about how you are feeling.
- Depression and anxiety about life can leave people feeling overwhelmed. Some people find that talking to someone about their situation can help them to cope. Think about a friend, family member or other adult who you trust who you could talk to about how you are feeling. They may be able to help you find some professional help if you need it. Also if you are ever feeling overwhelmed and just want to talk, think about calling your state’s teen hotline to speak to someone about how you are feeling. Teencentral.net has a list of hotlines for every state.
- Sometimes going through painful relationship experiences can help you to become a stronger person. You may feel as if you have wasted your time and your affection and love three times, but you have also learned about what you do not want in a relationship. When you are feeling upset or angry at how you have been treated, consider what you have learned and what you can do differently the next time. Please do not give up on finding someone. There is someone out there for you, but it may take a while for the two of you to find each other. You have a future and you should trust in yourself that it will be a good one. In the meantime, think about how great a person you are and what you can do to try to feel better.
- When you are feeling overwhelmed by all the negative stuff going on in your life, try doing something different to help you cope. some people find that exercise, keeping a journal, volunteering or listening to music helps. Consider what you can do to feel better the next time your situation gets you down.
- If you had someone to talk to about how you are feelings, what would you say to them?
- If you told your parents that you are feeling overwhelmed, what do you think they would say?
- What are some activities that you enjoy that you can do the next time you are feeling overwhelmed and lost?
- If you had a friend who was having a similar experience, what would you tell them?