Im ( age ) years old, 3 years ago I tried to end my life by slitting my wrist with a knife I was hospitalized soon after that. Eventually I developed anxiety and started struggling with panic attacks and anxiety attacks I was hospitalized 11 times after that
How To Help Yourself
- First off thank you for writing into TeenCentral.It takes courage to tell your story . We are glad that you are here to write in.
- If you feel as though you are unsafe there are a few resources that can be contacted. Such as the crisis hotline . This can be accessed by texting “HELLO” to 741741. I have also added the national hotline below. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger please call your local police for assistance.
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
- Is there someone that you can talk to ? This can be anyone from a school teacher, guidance office, coach, or religious leader. If you do not feel as though you can speak to someone in one of these roles please talk to any supportive adult such as another family member, or even a friends parent. Sometimes adults can give some really great advice that we don’t expect them to give. It sounds like you might have some great resources already . In the mental health field it is important to use people like therapists to assist us in processing emotions and stressors.
- You had mentioned that this was a previous attempt , and there was a ripple of mental health. Again, using the resources that you hopefully have is so important. Letting people know what is going on is a great way to work with our mental health and the stresses that daily life can bring .
- It seems like you might have a lot to write about . I always suggest individuals in journaling their feelings and or past experiences ( as long as it does not trigger you ) . This can sometimes lead to a map or pattern that one can follow to make sure that they know when to turn to help when it is needed.
- Lastly, it may not seem like it or it might , but this to me is a success. We appreciate you sharing your story as you are able to show people that they can to work through what they are going through and to not give up. Thank you for sharing and good luck .