I hate people and life. I’m giving up I cut myself once this year and it was today because I felt depressed and felt useless. I get help from my counselor she helps she like my 2nd mother. Im like so traumatized after my pediphyal got out of jail and lives 3 blocks away. I always feel ashamed and depressing well I gtg so post later in the week.
Ways to Help Yourself:
- Thank you for reaching out to TeenCentral! It certainly seems like this is a challenging time in your life.
- You stated that you have a counselor who is like a second mother to you, during these challenges times it’s good to remember that she is a professional that is there to help you discover all the tools you have and how to use them appropriately to cope and process positively through.
- Have you talked about what is going on with your mother? If can be very uncomfortable and nerve-racking talking to parents about topics such as this, but you may be surprised how much it may help. If not your mother, how about any other trusted adult? Or older cousin/sibling? Someone that is close to you and close to home that can be there during these tough times when your counselor can’t.
Some Option to Consider:
- What are your positive coping skills? Take some time to sit and really think about that. What are things you enjoy doing in life that keep you occupied. Coping skills are more than journaling and artwork (although they are great options!)
- When you have the time, please go to our Tools tab and explore. Here you will find many tools to help you through these tough times. Some of these tools are MPE Toolkit, Depression, Support Plan, and Self Positive Talk.
- When you are done in the Tools section, navigate to the Learn section. Here is where you will find information to better educate you on topics such as Anxiety, Depression, Family, and Self – Injury.
- Something to always remember is that idle time can be detrimental to our overall wellbeing and mental health. Keep yourself busy and fill your downtime with activities. Don’t forget about reading/writing, music, walking/hiking, playing sports, exercise, or even crafting.