I want to die I want to cut I can’t feel any emotion besides sadness. My foster family won’t take me to a hospital for help because they say I don’t need it They say its a game for attention. If I have been like this for 3 months I don’t know what to do. I need help I don’t know how to get it. Plz help me.
- First thing I want to say is thank you, for having the courage to reach out to TeenCentral for guidance.
- Please see if there is an adult that you can take to about how you are feeling. This could be anyone from someone in your school, a family friend, or any trusted adult that you feel you can speak to.
- You can be seen in the ER, or with the help of your foster family look on the back of your insurance card to see where some providers are located near you. This way you can talk to someone if needed, and process through some of these feelings.
- Other options could be reaching out to the crisis hotline which I have included here for you.
Support to all individuals in crisis
Text “HELLO” to 741741
- The other resource that is available is the suicide hotline which I have included here for you as well. Please consider reaching out to someone if you are feeling as though you want to harm yourself. There are individuals there to assist you 24/7.
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
- In our Learn section there are some great resources on DEPRESSION which I have linked here for you. Sometimes attempting to figure out what is causing this sadness is the first step in processing through your feelings.
- Processing through feelings can be difficult, but there are some great ways to do this such as journaling. When we journal, we use multiple parts of our brain. Not only the memory part, but also the part that stores information and makes us think. It’s a great way to get out emotions that feel as though they are bottled up.
- In our TOOLS section, there is also a Depression workshop. This is a group of worksheets and actives to help someone work through their depression and what they might be feeling. Maybe check it out.
- With anything mental health takes time as well. Make sure that you are talking to adults and letting people know how you are feeling. You got this!