Depression and Anxiety Issues
Hi. I have some depression and anxiety issues, as it has been said by my counselors, I think. Either way, my parents recommended I try this, so I am so cool. Today has so far been a big “I don’t want to do anything, no motivation, too depressed, I don’t wanna be here, I just want to listen to my music please” sort of day… I think. °~°
- Being depressed and anxious can make you feel discouraged and negative. You are smart for making an effort despite the difficulties you are having.
- Besides listening to music, you can find other activities to focus on like creating art, playing a musical instrument or writing. Write or draw in a journal each day to let out your negativities in a healthy way. Creativity allows a healthy outlet for a person to express their feelings.
- You can try volunteering to find positive friends and make a difference. Some great organizations to consider are Reading is Fundamental, Habitat for Humanity and The Humane Society of the United States.
- You may yearn for a more meaningful life. If so, you can try being more spiritual. Head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab then Spirituality to learn more.
- Spiritual techniques which can be easy to learn are meditation, yoga and prayer. You may also benefit from attending church services.
- Knowledge is power. Head to the Teen Central website and click the Learn tab, then Anxiety and Depression to get educated on your issues.
- Sometimes life gets you down and you need to try something new. You can be spontaneous in healthy ways by hiking in nature or go to your local library to find a book to ease your mind.
- You can try repeating positive affirmations to yourself. A person often creates their own inner world by becoming stuck in the right or wrong pattern of thoughts.
- You may benefit from a healthier lifestyle. Eat foods that are good for you like fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts. Exercise regularly to get motivated and forget about your issues for a while.
- You might enjoy having a pet. They give unconditional love and can be great fun to take care of. You’ll have something else to distract you from your problems.
- If things get really bad and you need someone else to talk to, you can head to the Teen Central website, click the Help tab and call one of the hotlines listed.
- In what ways would being more positive benefit your life now and in the future?
- Can you think of other healthy ways to get excited about life?
- Would becoming more aware of and accepting your issues help you to move past them?