I’m 15 years old. I suffer from depression and hyperactivity and anxiety. I’m personally a very sensitive person. I have a lot of trauma from my past. I’ve been to 4 mental hospitals and none helped. I realized after some time, that NO ONE else can help you except yourself. You can get in the information and advice but YOU are the only person who can use the advice.
WHEN YOU ARE READY
- First, we would like to thank you for having the courage to reach out on TeenCentral! Many people struggle with asking for help and you had the bravery to do so.
- Here on TeenCentral we have multiple tabs that could be helpful to you to. Click here to learn more about different types of anxiety, triggers, warning indicators, and coping skills.
- Never forget that there is always someone that you could talk to in person. That could include a teacher, guidance counselor, a coach, family member or a trusted friend.
WHEN YOU ARE READY
- Another resource that could be beneficial is our depression tab. Click here to review the causes of depression, helpful pointers, and different warning signs.
- You mentioned you suffer from hyperactivity; do you currently have any coping skills that you utilize? Have you attempted using art as coping skills? Art is a great way to express our emotions and can feel like a relief after you have finished. Click here to visit our page that is about Art Journaling as a Coping Skill.
- I think you are doing a great job at understanding how it is important for people to be open to advice and taking the steps themselves to work with that advice. At the end of the day, you are correct. We are the first step. It is similar to walking up a large hill. At the bottom it seems unobtainable, but as we make progress, we realize we can do this until we are finally at the top. You got this.