I have a weird thing.
So I’m a transgender girl first off.
Im not on any feminizing hormones or puberty blockers.
(But i hope to be someday)
I kind of want to be fat. And it’s really weird because my whole life I’ve been told that it’s bad to be fat (I never really thought so).
I get that being obese can cause health problems.
But I’m healthy I have a balanced diet (maybe a little more dairy then most but I’m working on that).
And my weight is in the upper 1 hundreds (due mostly to lack of sleep/being pretty tall)
So my thing is that as well as having gender dysphoria I have kind of a similar thing about being skinny while kind of internally wanting to be kind of fat.
so the thing that’s stressing me is that my weight has gone up a lot recently, I think I have been subconsciously trying to get fat.
And I’m still skinny.
But like I just don’t know what to do.
Should I give up on gaining weight?
Should I wait till I’m further along in transitioning?
I think this is a pretty rare situation to be in so I’m just really confused
- Thank you for reaching out to TeenCentral. Here at TeenCentral we understand how confusing these times can be for you, and we are here to help.
- You may find exploring our LGBTQ section in our Learn tab under Sexuality very informative. While in the Learn tab, check out the Body Image section. There is a lot of information here that may be exactly what you are looking for.
- Have you spoken to anyone in your family about this? How about your doctor? If you are able to do so, trying speaking with you doctor about this. They can help to guide you to the best and healthiest/safest decisions for your situation. They may also be able to connect your to professionals that are specially trained in helping folks that are transitioning or struggling with body image.
- You said that you haven’t been sleeping much? Have you considered some meditation before bed? Meditation/meditation music can help to ease and relax the mind and body so that drifting to sleep is quicker, easier, and more restful. Getting enough sleep is really important for your overall health – there’s more about this in our What’s New section: Struggling to sleep? Here’s some ways to get better sleep | TeenCentral.
- Under the Learn tab, you will see a section titled Wellness, hover over this and find “Relaxation”. Here you will find tips on relaxation techniques.
- Also in the Wellness section you can find information regarding overall wellness in many areas as well as information on Nutrition.