I don’t know anymore
Hi teen contrail I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how I feel sometimes and I think I’m addicted to lying just lying about everything.
THINGS TO DO FIRST
- First we would like to thank you for having the courage to reach out to someone for help! Reaching out for help can be hard for people when they are struggling and don’t know how to express their emotions.
- If you are ever feeling unsafe, or you feel so sad that you have no one you can turn to please reach out to the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24 hours a day, you can contact them by calling 1-800-273-8255. You can also reach them by their website https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Another way you can reach out to someone is through text, if you text “Hello” to 741-741. There is always someone just a text or click away.
- Is there anyone in your life that you feel safe talking to about how you’re feeling? Do you have a trusted teacher, guidance counselor, relative, coach, or religious leader that you could talk to in person? Talking to someone in person might feel like a weight is lifted from your shoulders but also maybe they can give you some good tips, insight, or knowledge. They might even have their own stories on when they have done the same things.
WHEN YOU ARE READY
- Identifying how you’re feeling is important when feeling intense emotions. Have you considered doing any writing prompts or journal entries to describe how you’re feeling in the moment? Writing down how you’re feeling and what you’re feeling can be a stepping stone of understanding yourself better! Click here to look at writing prompts!
- When thinking of doing a journal entry it might be beneficial to write down the lies that you are saying and why. Sometimes we lie when we feel as though we need to be defensive. Is there something you feel as though you are trying to hide or protect? Try to take this time to figure out what might be making this come out.
- Lying can at times be considered a negative coping skill. Maybe this is a great time to find a new coping skill to use when you are feeling a certain way. You can find a grouping of coping skills in our TOOLS tab. Remember lying is considered behavior and the only one that can change our behaviors is us. You got this.