i don’t know what to do…
recently my father died…. h was my best friend, the person that felt i could talk to without being judge and now i just feel alone.. like anyone can understands, i feel like m world have no meaning without him does that make fucking sense? i dont know i just know that i dont know what to do with my life thanks for listening
- Thank you for sharing your story with us here at TeenCentral. Grief is a hard thing that many people experience but don’t always have the courage to talk about.
- A lot of times when a loved one dies we can feel as though we are on an island. Are there other adults in your life that you can talk to about how you are feeling? You might be amazed that they are feeling the same way about your fathers passing, and you will be able to process through these feelings together, and may even be able to share some good memories that you both had.
- At this time the most important thing is to allow yourself to feel. Those feelings can be really scary , but they are there .We have a great resource on Grief and Loss that could relate to some of the feelings that you are feeling and might be worth checking out .
- Journaling is a great way to get out some of those feelings that you may be feeling. It allows for us to process , and get out emotions that we might not be so open about discussing. You could even write letters to your father daily to let him know how your day was or have the conversations that you would have normally had. Maybe go to your favorite spot that the two of you had and read them out loud.
- Grief has no blue print. We all feel it differently , but the important part is letting people know when you feel like you are drowning in it. Take your time, allow yourself to heal, and communicate your feelings.