Hi, I’m 14 years old and in high school. I have really bad anxiety and depression. I hate being around to many people. It makes me cry and shaky. I’ve been getting picked on, spit on, bullied since I was in 3rd grade. I had my classes changed and everything but it won’t stop… I don’t know what to do anymore.
- Reaching out to others to say you need help or you are feeling lost and overwhelmed is a really hard thing to do. We are glad you trusted TeenCentral with your story. You are not alone.
- Keep looking for help. It might be hard to find but eventually you will find resources or people who can help you. Feel free to look around this site for similar stories and resources. In the mean time, consider if you have a supportive adult in your life. Perhaps a teacher, counselor, doctor, or parent who can help you out when times seem tough. You can also Text HOME to 741741 to reach a Crisis Counselor.
- In the mean time, you can also check out the “Depression” page for more info on how to cope, where to turn when you’re feeling depressed.
- What skills have you used in the past to cope with your depression? How have they helped or not helped in the past?
- What do you enjoy doing for fun? These activities and hobbies can help distract you from your depressive thoughts and help your mood become more positive.
- Sometimes it may be challenging to process your thoughts with another person, especially if you seem to be most anxious while at school. However, have you ever considered journaling as a way to express your feelings?
- Visit our Tools page.. it has a lot of resources that could help you develop your social skills which may alleviate some of your anxiety symptoms and perhaps help you make more friends.