I feel so lost. I feel very overwhelmed. I’m not taking this out in a good way. I’m snapping at my parents, and we keep arguing. I need help! I want out. I don’t like how I’m feeling. I need to talk and I don’t know how. I feel so crappy right now. I feel like I can just keep taking things but I CAN’T!!! I can’t deal with anyone anymore. I hate everything and everyone. I just want to rid myself of this feeling that I have. It’s eating me alive. I need help. I need help but I’m too scared to get it. I want to talk to people but I’m holding back. I need to put boundaries but that’s so hard. I hate the way people treat me sometimes. People think I’m so happy and bubbly. I dress in bright colors and act very happy. I hate the way things are. Please help me.
Ways to help yourself:
- Hi, it sounds like you’re going through a really tough time right now. Thank you for having the courage to reach out to TeenCentral, be proud of yourself for taking the first step asking for help.
- If you ever feel unsafe and feel like you need to talk to someone but feel like you don’t know who to turn to please reach out to the Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They are available 24 hours a day, you can reach them at 1-800-273-8255, or you can simply dial 988 and they will direct your call. If you rather text someone you can contact the crisis help line by texting the word “Hello” to 741-741. There is always someone just a text away.
- Is there anyone you feel safe talking to about your feelings? Think about a family member or your guidance counselor or school phycologist at school. Just being able to get your feelings out might feel like a weight lifted off your shoulders.
- It sounds like you are feeling overwhelmed and struggle to express yourself, that must feel scary. TeenCentral offers many resources that might help. If you click on the “Learn” tab there are many options you can explore, such as “Wellness” or “Anxiety” it can help guide you on ways to help you cope with your feelings.
- Writing/Journaling – writing your thoughts and feelings is a great way to let out your feelings – journaling as a coping skill
- Wellness/Meditation – doing things such as yoga or exercise could help relieve some emotions – try some relaxations techniques