I need help. I feel like a stupid dumb child and failure and hopeless cause and a burden to everyone. My parents, my so called friends, everyone. I’m going to a day hospital right now but I am discharging soon. I really really can’t take this anymore. No one wants me. I don’t have really anyone and I have too many problems that nobody cares about and my mom won’t let me go inpatient again because I don’t even know why. I tried asking her but she yelled at me. I just don’t want this life anymore. I don’t even know anymore. I am in partial hospital right now and have a little school work to do, but I did it all and my teachers still give me horrible grades. One even gave me a zero even though I did the work, no credit. But I did the work and told my mom but she said to stop complaining even though she expects perfect grades from me. I just feel like a huge burden no one wants to care for……
- Thank you for reaching out to TeenCentral. It sounds like you have a lot of emotions going on right now and we are happy that you are here to write into us.
- It sounds like there are a lot of feelings going on right now that you are attempting to move through. With that being said we have great resources pages under our LEARN tab. You can find many resources that could help you figure out how to help yourself. If you are ever feeling as though you are not safe you can contact the suicide hotline which I have listed below, or you can text “HELLO” to 741741 which is a crisis hotline. Both are 24/7 and can assist you at any time.
National Suicide Hotline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis with support
- The kinds of problems that you’re describing can really make a person feel isolated and alone. Have you considered talking to a counselor, trusted adult or friend about how you’re feeling? Maybe reach out to another family member that could help you and your mother communicate better.
- It is always a positive suggestion to stop and attempt to change the negative thought processing. This means doing things that allow for us to work through what we are feeling. It can be anything from journaling to going for a walk, or even doing an art project. By taking the time to do something else we give our mind time to think through what is going on and how we are truly feeling.
- If it is hard for you to think of something for right now that you can do, you an always check out our TOOLS page. Here we have a ton of stuff to work on, wellness techniques like yoga and breathing, and even a really cool music tool. Allow yourself to be ok with you. We are all different in our own way and sometimes we can be the hardest on ourselves. Take this time to find out who you are and always be safe.
- We are sorry to hear about your school work . Maybe take some time to meet with some of your teachers to see what is expected with the work that they are giving you . This can eliminate some of the stress that comes with school work especially while in a therapeutic environment.
- If possible, try to get involved with youth groups or other social situations that could make you feel less alone and more included. Take time to look through our “What’s New” section on TeenCentral. Here you will be able to read through numerous blogs pertaining to many different topics. Many find these blogs helpful during tough times.