Why can’t I just not wake up. I wish I wouldn’t wake up tomorrow.
- Thank you for sharing your story with our TeenCentral community. It takes courage to speak out when you are not feeling your best. It sounds as if you are feeling somewhat hopeless or listless right now perhaps you will find that you are not alone if you read some of the STORIES on our webpage.
- While we do not offer therapy on our website, we do offer many positive supports, helplines, information, and ideas for coping with stressful situations on our site. For example, if you feel that you are a danger to yourself you can try these hotlines for 24/7 help for suicidal thoughts: Crisis Textline: Text “HELLO” to 741741 or call the National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255.
- And since we are only a virtual resource, we would love you to consider if you have any positive role models, supports, family members, or friends that you could reach out to in order to share your feelings. Sometimes just verbalizing to a supportive person can feel very uplifting. Do you have a guidance counselor, therapist, coach, teacher, family member or positive peer in your life who might spend some time with you talking about what you are going through.
CONSIDER THIS ALSO:
- Think about looking at our LEARN tab on our website and reading more about Depression, Anxiety, and importantly…Wellness. Perhaps you can learn more about what you are feeling inside within our site. You can also learn a lot about mental health and wellness here: https://nami.org (NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness).
- Dive in to some hobbies or positive activities. Join a sports team, gaming group, write a story or poetry, build a birdhouse and take a walk in nature to find a place to hang it, volunteer somewhere, or dance to your favorite music!
- When you have time, take a look at our TOOLS tab on our site we have resources on Depression, Mood Tracking, and Positive Daily Reminders so you can remind yourself that you are worthy and important.