I’m scared of getting a relationship bc my mom.
(scenario: if I even had a bf) if my mom finds out I have one, she will spank me to no end, yell in my face, and probably do this forever. I will cry if mom finds out about anything bad, I will probably poop myself. I am just so worried cause she asked me about it.
- First thank you for writing into TeenCentral and trusting us with your story.
- It is never ok for someone to hurt you. If that is occurring, we have some resources to talk to a professional or supportive adult. I have included the link here. These resources are located in the article “Getting Help for Abuse on Your Own“.
- Is there someone that you can talk to about this fear. Having a discussion with someone about what is going on that is a trusted adult can assist you in processing through this information. This doesn’t have to be a parent it can be someone from the school, guidance department, church, or even a sport.
- It sounds as though this is not something that is currently happening if I am reading the story correctly. With that being said as it is a hypothetical situation why rush into that. Maybe having a conversation with your parent about why you feel this would occur would all for some open communication. We often feel as though people will react a certain way and then they surprise us.
- Processing information is always important. You can do this in a variety of ways such as journaling or doing a sketch journal. By allowing the brain to get through some scenarios we can decide often if this is a positive or negative choice for us in that moment.
- If you feel as though you are in need of some extra tools. We have a great section on this called TOOLS. This is a great way to find a mindfulness tool that can assist you when you are feeling anxious about something.